Saturday, January 12, 2013

1/12: Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale


Tonight I spent the evening in a sports bar to watch a football playoff game.  I knew I was going to be there for a few hours and a few beers, so I chose a beer variety that wasn't too heavy.  Besides their usual selections, they were featuring Goose Island's 312 Urban Wheat Ale and Milwaukee Brewing's Polish Moon Porter.  I had a Polish Moon at the end of last year - and it is a good beer - but the wheat ale seemed like the better choice.  It was a good choice.

When I made my choice, but before my first taste, I joked about the name.  What makes it an URBAN wheat ale, bits of asphalt?  Goose Island says it has "densely populated flavor."  I don't know about that, but is was good.

As you can see in the picture, this beer looks like a lager - and it goes down just as smooth.  There was no hoppy after taste.  It finished very citrus-y/lemon-y.  It was a good beer for the occasion.  I give it a 3.  Although it is a very high 3.

Part of me wonders if my choice of a Chicago beer over a Milwaukee beer, somehow affected the Packers.  But I had already had a couple by the time the Packers tied the game in the 3rd quarter, so I think the Packer defensive struggles were not beer choice related.

- Jim from Milwaukee

No comments:

Post a Comment