Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Game Plan?

According to Ultimate Beer, "like the grape, the grain does have its favored moods and moments."  I will pay attention to these.  For example, I will drink winter beers like porters and stouts in January and February.  But I won't limit myself to winter beers in the winter.  There really is no game plan. 

I will seek out some beers and varieties at times, and at other times I will drink what is available.  Of course most of the beers will be microbrews, but some will be macro brews, and others will be home brews. 

For each, I will list the name, variety, brewery, and brewery location.  I will discuss color, aroma and taste as well as I am able.  That said, I have had moments with beers that I have not been able to recreate with those very same beers.  This past summer for example, I was blown away by the lingering taste of banana from a Franziskaner Hefeweizen that I had on tap at the Wisconsin State Fair, but a bottle of the same beer in November was not as intense of an experience.  Was it the bottle, the batch, the season, the atmosphere, my thirst or something else?  I haven't a clue.  All I can do is relay my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment